I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Sunday, April 04, 2004

Assalamu'alaikum and hello :) ....

QUOTABLE QUOTE FOR THE DAY: ".... I'm going to put you in my to do list." ---> Jackass

Okay, so there's two parts to this entry. First one is my oh-so-eventful Friday night, and second is the Relay for Life event held at Palmer Filed yesterday.

FRIDAY NIGHT

Yeah, so me being an idiot who doesn't have time to study during the weekend because of the Relay, decided to blow my Friday night too by trying to find something else to do (e.g parties, dances, movies ...) and ended up dragging Elly with me. I had a couple of invites to stuff, and there was the Spring Gala that I was interested to go, so there was plenty of things to do (kinda, because they're all almost the same thing).

The Spring Gala was a bust because no one was there and we decided not to go . There was barely enough people to fill a table, let alone a ballroom. I attribute that to extremely poor publicity because other than the email, there was no flyers or posters or anything else that might attract normal engineers to it ( normal = The Dude isn't the only place outside his room that you can see him at ).

But we managed to find something to do ...... then headed off to Pinball Pete's for about a half hour of shooting people's heads off and getting chopped by crazy zombies.

RELAY FOR LIFE (BARU HABES SEMALAM)

Yeah, okay, so yesterday I went to my sorority retreat, which is the Relay For Life, held at Palmer Field. I arrived there with Tina and Carly at 2 pm, and we're supposed to stay there until 10 pm, because that's the mandatory shift. So the day started out all sunny and nice, there were a few girls sunning, and people were walking and jogging around the track and talking and basically having fun. I walked for 6 laps, then I saw the pizza at our place and swerved straight into it for lunch, hehehe. After that, it was a game of Euchre for me and a few girls, and some of the others played Red Rover (macam main galah panjang sikit-sikit). After that, some of us formed two teams to play soccer. Haha.. it was hillarious, I kept getting hit by the ball, and it kept coming straight at me, but my team lost by 1 anyway. It was great fun, though I was wheezing by the end of it because I haven't exercised in ages, and it was getting reaaaaaaalllllyyy cold. So by 5 o'clock it was getting windy, then sunny, then windy and stayed that way. At around 7 we built a tent, and by 7.30 it was pouring for the rest of the night.

After that I was downright miserable because of the cold (I had only my green hoodie, a pair of t-shirts and a track bottom) and it was beginning to SNOW! The weather was horrible, but we made the best of it by playing Never Have I Ever.... then say something you've never done. I always win, of course, because I never damn well did anything. The girls decided to chet by saying "Never have I ever lived in Malaysia" so I have to say I've done that. But it was good fun while it lasted, even if it was damn cold.

so 10 pm came, and I so wasn't looking forward to my shift at 2 am till 6 am, so I decided to go back home, take a bath, and then come back again. I took my bath, had dinner with Nik (Dinersty, as always), then bundled up for my shift.... only to find out that the rest of the Relay was cancelled due to "unsafe weather". Well, it was unsafe, people can get pneumonia last night. So I collapsed back into bed and slept until now.

I just wanna say thanks again to Adlee, Dayang, Kak Mel, Azwan , Nik and also my parents for donating money towards the relay. Your donation is so greatly appreciated :), waking up this morning I felt great about having done something good for our fight against cancer, even if I am currently having a slight fever and my legs are sore from walking and soccer.

Okay, so I have to go study now, thanks for reading if you are, and I rpomise to get that damn song off my site :) . Ciao!

Wassalam....

No comments: