I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Starting off a fasting day with a workout

When you're fasting, it's not the easiest thing to get your body to do more than the basic necessities; brush teeth, take shower, put clothes on, get to work, get back from work, heat up dinner, eat. This morning I started off with a workout with my personal trainer Bri from SassyFit. A less strenuous workout in the morning is actually just right when one can't drink water or eat until 8pm, and that's what we did. Less strenuous cardio plus lighter weights equals still a workout but something I can handle while I'm fasting.

This isn't the first time I've worked out while fasting. Last year, when the fasting month was during fall and breaking fast was at about 7.30pm-ish, I worked out with Marissa later at night so that I'm able to break fast by drinking water and a protein shake, and go on to working out. Now that was pretty hard core, but somehow it was easier to push myself to do it when there's a trainer who's waiting for me to kick my butt in gear. as I try to do it myself at home, seriously all I want to do after a day of not eating is... eat. Sit down in front of the TV and just eat. So I told myself, fine, for this one month, do that. But once Ramadan is over, it's time to get healthy and work out again.

I am committed to getting on the healthy track train and get myself back to my old shape!

No comments: