I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Friday, June 16, 2006

Assalamu’alaikum…..

Note to self: never go to the gym after a night of hookah. Or maybe the note should just read “Never go on a hookah night again”. If you don’t know what a hookah is, you’re better off (no, it’s not weed, do some more guessing. This is totally legal). Dan put together a nice lil’ outing group of Microsoft interns and we went to Zaina’s for food and hookah. Yummm.. fruity, LoL. It was interesting night, the food was just so-so but the café was pretty casual that you can basically just be loud and no one cares. It was a night of cool people and one über bitch who shall remain nameless (mostly because I don’t want to get sued). We got two hookahs (is that the plural of it?), one lime flavored and one double apple, and they were both pretty good. Apparently my hands are always holding at least one of the two tubes, ‘cause someone commented I got “some lungs” on me.

Anyway, so after hookah night, I went to the gym yesterday for my weekly Thursday step class. It was painful. I could do the combinations for only about 10 minutes, and then I have to stop to get some water. It was weird, I was never really that tired before…. Until I remember the whole hookah thingamajiggy. Oops. Although the fruity goodness of hookah is currently unparalleled, I don’t think my poor lungs can handle it anymore… even if I do have some lungs on me. Nyahahah. No more! LoL. I wonder if hookahs are legal in Malaysia?

Fun nights out are always… well, fun, but not to a point where it interferes with my gym time or work. So I’m limiting my nights out to just during the weekend and not so much during the weekdays, ‘cause I don’t think my poor body, or my poor bank account, can handle it.

I got the bulk of my work yesterday, and today is gonna be spent trying valiantly to do some decent research. I have a great mentor, and it’s really, really important for me to try and impress him. Something funny happened on Wednesday, my mentor scheduled a meeting between me and himself, but forgot to send me the invite, so of course after 8 minutes past the meeting time and I didn’t show, he figured something was up and he called me. I had to smile when he explained the mix-up because for years I was always the one who was late for stuff, and it’s funny because now, if I’m late for anything, people would figure out that something must be wrong or there was a mix-up somewhere. Imagine that. I guess I am growing up then :) . But anyway, I’m excited to get out and start interviewing people, and come up with my questionnaire, this is gonna be tough but I shall prevail, LoL.

Oh yeah… the scavenger hunt. It was fun, I got to go to Pike Place market again, which is always cool. I bought some of the fruit sticks that I like. I wanted to find the guy who made my cap for me, since I never received it, he wasn’t there, probably due to the slight rain earlier in the day. Anyway, after the hunt, we went to Golden Park Beach for food and a bonfire, which was soooo much fun. It was cool to meet so many new non-technical interns, and the beach was gorgeous. I really have to go back there before I return to Ann Arbor, the beach is just perfect. I kinda miss home now, I remember the Pangkor and Cherating trips with my family, as well as going to Tioman with my friends. Hopefully all goes well with my plan of coming back to Malaysia in December. Can’t wait. Hakam is in Brunei now, which sucks (hopefully he’ll be back in Malaysia for the December holidays), but hopefully I’ll get to see everyone else.

Waaa… nak balik rumah!

No comments: