I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Assalamu’alaikum….

I have a one-pager due for my questionnaire. If I screw up on the sub projects, it’s still forgivable, but this is my major project for the summer. They hired me specifically to work on the questionnaire thingamajiggy. If I ever want to come back and work for the company, I better not screw this one up. But I’m having a bit of a mental block with this particular one-pager. It shouldn’t be that hard! I’ve written 20-pages long papers! 2,000 word essays! And yet this one-pager wants me to tear my hair out.

Anyway, moving on to the fun stuff now. I have a Scavenger Hunt for non-tech interns today in downtown Seattle. Yay! Half a day out of the office! Free dinner! Woo hoo! I’m excited :) . It’s a chance for me to meet non-technical interns, too. I feel kinda weird that I’m lumped in the non-technical group, because I feel like I’m doing technical stuff both in school and out of it, but I guess I shouldn’t bother with the specifics. It’s to my advantage in this case, anyway. I can’t wait for the trip (20 more minutes to go!). I just have to go and buy a sweatshirt first because being the smart person I am, I forgot to bring one, and while that might not matter at the office, it’s kinda freezing outside… with potential to rain. Ah, Seattle. It rains so much I wonder how people ever get the chance to enjoy the beautiful beaches.

Last weekend Lauren, Dan and I went on our normal triple date together. We decided to hit Kirkland on Saturday and see how the nightlife is like. Let’s just say it wasn’t pretty. Tiki Joe’s Wetbar…. Boring. TJ’s…. a bit better, but I was a bit creeped out when a bunch of 40 to 50-year-old ladies started “boogeying” on the floor to Usher and Lil’ Jon. Erk. It wasn’t particularly fun… and now we know. To make up for a sucky Saturday, we’re going to a hookah place on Wednesday. Yay to that!

15 more minutes to go until I get to skip outta here. Someone else is driving, thankfully enough, so I don’t have to pay for gas, LoL. Plus driving back from Seattle is gonna be horrible with the crawling traffic… so I refused to volunteer to drive, heheheh. I’ve been driving people around all week anyway, when we hit the Taphouse Grill place, and I know more driving will come this weekend, so let me take a breather first for now. Though I do know some people are excited when I have to drive ‘cause they can pile on the Mustang.

I need to renew my passport ASAP so that I can go to Vancouver before the summer ends!!! Aaacckkk!! Hopefully Kong is gonna come and visit me so maybe we can go there together :).

Gotta go back to reviewing those damn emails. Later!

No comments: