I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Friday, June 09, 2006

Assalamu’alaikum……

Today didn’t go exactly as I planned. I got in to work at about 8.20am, which isn’t bad considering we have flex hours, but it would’ve been nice to come in extra early when it was quiet and just try and get most of my work done, cause after lunch time, I’m sluggish, and I just don’t wanna do anything. Then I had a meeting where I got lost trying to find the room, then realized that I didn’t have the report we were gonna discuss. Luckily enough nothing major happened.

It’s kinda tough to talk about work ‘cause I have no idea what’s confidential and what’s not, but so far I’ve been very vague about stuff. Just documented my own mishaps in getting lost in the building. Which is probably why I went on and on about the ProSports Club ‘cause that’s the only thing I can really write about without worrying about getting in trouble. But work has been good, went to see a usability test yesterday, then the intern social, and also to an all-girl dinner event afterwards. One would’ve thought that after five years in an all-girl boarding school, I would’ve known better by now, luckily enough for people reading this blog, I haven’t really. LoL. But it wasn’t bad, the food and drinks were good, the location kinda sucked a bit but hey, if I have to get on the freeway just to get to a restaurant, I’d rather have it be that restaurant. Oh, in case you were wondering, we went to the Tap House Bar and Grill, near (or in) Bellevue Mall downtown.

After a week and a half living in the suburbs, I realize that I don’t have time to feel bored. There’s work during the weekdays, then socials during the weekend, and at night, I’d be so pooped from all the day activities I’d go straight to sleep after fighting to stay awake for Isya’ prayers. It’s been a lil’ hectic. On the plus side, I’m better at driving around Redmond now and figuring out where things are, and also figuring out that maneuvering the freeway is the only way I can survive around here.

Lauren, Dan and I are watching X-3 on Saturday. Should be fun, I hope. I liked the previous two movies and I’m hoping the third one doesn’t disappoint. Some of the girls also actually recommended The Break Up, with Jen Aniston and Vince Vaughn. I dunno, it might be worth getting to. Tip no. 1 for me: after last night’s mishaps with directions, I’m gonna look up the address and the general idea of where we’re gonna be headed before I get into anyone’s car. Getting lost is one thing… getting lost in a busy area filled with one-way streets, lots of cars and no apparent ways to make U-turns is not my idea of fun.

I’m not feeling that well right now, something is making me very uncomfortable and I can’t put my finger on it. But the working day is almost ending, yay!

Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »