I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Monday, November 28, 2005



Me singing "Torn" by Natalie Imbruglia, if you can't see the video then go here (in case you REALLY do not know what the above sentence means.... click on the "here" word... the underline means it's a link... aiyohhhhh)



Assalamu'alaikum.....

Turkey Weekend is over.... people are done giving thanks and devouring giant ugly birds. Turkeys everywhere can now breathe easily as they mourn their brethren who got eaten. Poor lil' bastards. As Merry said, "Turkeys are the dumbest birds on earth", why she said that I dunno.

Thanksgiving day was a bust, I won't go into details but here's a little advice: never go out in 7 degrees weather wearing a short black dress. So not a good idea. The day after Thanksgiving was better, Nik, Afzan and I upheld the Black Friday tradition and went shopping at Tweleve Oaks mall. There goes my paycheck. I bought 5 tops, a pair of gorgeous earrings (I know someone likes 'em *wink wink*) and a matching necklace. I also bought two pairs of sunglasses, one for me and one to replace Kirah's that I broke :( . Sorry K. Anyway, while waiting for our food, I managed to get a job.. sorta. This lady gave me her card and wants me to translate a bunch o' stuff from English to Malay. Score!

The day after was even better :) . It was GempitaFest 2005, and although the turn out wasn't spectacular, it was a pretty fun event. I met up with one of the coolest (and prettiest, I might add) girl, Adriana from Western Michigan, who has this amazing voice and pretty excellent showmanship, I might add. I wasn't expecting to see any of my batch, but lo and behold, Abe from RPI was there, doing his thing on stage in a red t-shirt with a turned up collar. Apparently he hasn't graduated yet, it's all details really, so I won't get into them. Suffice to say... glad to see someone who's about as old as I am, LoL. It made me feel less old meself. Also got to see the freshies, whom I never get to see 'cause their asses live on Central. Kak Fezah masak beriani sedap, as always. Wann and Nicholas went home early, so they didn't get to hang out with me, Travis and Nik at Travis's place later that night. I, of course, the party animal, promptly fell asleep and hijacked Travis's bed about a half hour after I got there, LoL. Poor thing had to go sleep outside with Nik.

And now, it is back back back to the grindstone... ho hum...

Wassalam...

No comments: