I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Friday, June 17, 2005

Assalamu'alaikum.....

I've been having a miserable couple of days lately. Uncertainty about life, in general, is never good. Uncertainty about what the hell am I gonna do if funding doesn't come through is downright killing me. I have a paper to write, a letter to compose, a program to clean up.... and here I am, updating my journal. Figures.

After many unsuccessful attempts to "obtain" songs from Mariah Carey's new album, I finally have all of 'em. Dennis had to walk me through the whole process, but I finally have "Emancipation of Mimi" songs blaring through the house. I do love Mariah's voice. Not the greatest actress, but we can't do everything now can we?

I have a few new favorites right now. While I still love Venus and Serena (such positive role models, it just show you don't have to be butch to be athletic, you don't have to look anorexic to be sexy), I'm also loving Maria Sharapova, winner of Wimbledon 2004 and now, a Canon Powershot girl. She makes people wanna say..... Anna who? It's a good thing that Kournikova has "retired" (right?), or else we might see some serious catfights going on. The resemblance between the two of them is kinda uncanny though, although Maria looks a bit like Brittany Gastineau in some of her photos.... which isn't bad considering that Brittany is a model who has just appreared in Maxim's Hot 100 list for 2005.

Angela's gonna take me to Detroit tomorrow so I can see the "real" Detroit. Can you imagine, after 4 years living in Michigan, I haven't really been to Detroit yet? I mean, I've passed through it to get to the airport, but that was it. However, before we go, she needs to go to a presentation for her vacation, so Angela's gonna drop me off at the mall first and I'll have about an hour to walk around and shop. Yay shopping!! Retail therapy... yummy. I'm gonna buy me a few handbags and shoes and earrings and tops and pants.... LoL. Actually I might just get a pair of new earrings and if here's a payless, then maybe a pair of new shoes.

I'm sleepy, I wish I can go home and just sleep, it has been a long night. A friend asked me about the entry, and apparently my rant managed to make somone slightly "nervous" because that someone thinks he/she fits into that description. Well, it does fit, but it's not you honey. Weird, isn't it, how people can do stupid hurtful things to you no matter what gender they are. I've heard "Guy friends are easier to have" .... yeah right. "Girl friends are way better, they are always there for you".... well not always, apparently, and the dissapointment of realizing that your girl doesn't have your back can be quite overwhelming.

Wassalam..

No comments: