I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Assalamu'alaikum.....

Okay, so this big ol' pipe on Plymouth Rd managed to blow up, and now we have low pressured water all around North Campus, which basically sucks because it really puts a damper on things like, say, taking a dump. Takleh cebok. Anyway, because the watermain broke, the tap water is no longer drinkable, so now we have to boil water. It's like Malaysia all over again. What tickles me pink right now is how the Americans on NC are handling it, heheheh. This morning the water pressure is back to normal, but you still have to boil the water before drinking. Espresso Royale is closed for today, which makes me wonder how they've been making coffee all this time (I assumed they've been using boiled water all this time and they have like a big ol' boiling thingy in the back.... guess they don't). Merry somehow managed to find boiled water from somewhere, so we still have coffee in the office this morning, but since the coffee is gone, we are (apparently) not washing anything out until the tap water is drinkable again (again, assumption, but we really are not washing anything right now).

Compare that to back home where we still have to boil water for drinking but we're okay with washing out cooking utensils and clothes in normal, unboiled water. Can you see the difference? It doesn't bother me to wash out dishes right now, if I'm inclined to do so, because that's what we do back home. However, I don't wanna freak out anyone in the office by washing out the coffee pot while the water advisory is still in effect. So this brings out the question: are the Americans being too paranoid, or are we Malaysians being too lax with our health?

Angela asked me yesterday, what I want to do with my life, what kind of a job am I looking for? I said I wanted something hands-on. I'm still young, and I think that it would be a waste for me to just sit behind a desk and just sign papers and approve things. I want to get my hands dirty. I want my life and my job to be a series of learning experiences instead of being stuck in one mode and never being able to venture out. I want to be challenged... constantly. I know I've complained a lot about things being sooooo hard for me (LoL), but this summer, after being on my current job for a month now, I realize that I am bored out of my mind. Predictability is nice for a while, but after that I just get... restless. Dammit I want to learn. I wanna go out and be useful instead of just being there ..... which is kinda in direct contrast with what I want personally. For me private life, stable and safe is definitely the way to go. No more drama, please.

And talking about personal life... I'm pretty volatile right now. Not that I blow up easy, but something might bother a lot more now than it would before. I hate feeling like this, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Yesterday Wann and I went to Briarwood and shopped. Emmm... shopping: good. Bought a couple of new stuff for my collection... and realized that I may have to return one of 'em. Aiseh. Balik try kat umah tetibe tak cantik lah plak, antu betul. Kene pulang balik. So kene gie Briarwood balik... shopping balik. LoL. Tetibe rindu zaman dating (yg tak kantoi punye type... lol). Time2 camtuh kalau nak tau kalau bende tuh patut di beli ke idak... tgk je muke org seblah.

Senyum = cantik2... sile lah beli
Selambe (pastu cakap "boleh lah") = cam boleh carik better
Mate terbelalak (pastu tgk2 wallet) = mahal noh! nak bayar sendiri bleh lah
Tgk tempat lain = tak pedulik dah cantik tak cantik, penat nie, jom gie makan

Kan senang.

No comments: