I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

And the new lineup for Dancing With The Stars Season 11 is.....

For all DWTS fans (I'm one of them I have to admit), here's the new crop of Stars (or "Stars" depending on how you see it) is....

The ladies:
  1. Brandy Norwood (as in singer Brandy, of 'Moesha' fame, also of the song "The Boy is Mine" fame. That duet with Monica was awesome)
  2. Jennifer Grey (from Dirty Dancing. Can't believe she's 50!)
  3. Margaret Cho, comedian, also on "Drop Dead Diva". I enjoy watching her comedy specials, but she's probably the most tattooed person the show has ever had. She'll be fun to watch.
  4. Audrina Patridge, from "The Hills". If you never cared about the MTV cult hit then you won't know her.
  5. Florence Henderson, from "The Brady Bunch". Respresenting the Octogenarian Bunch.
  6. Bristol Palin. Wait what? This is supposed to be Dancing With The Stars! Granted she was in the news for being preggers (oh and her mom was running for the Vice Presidency) but really? Don't you need to at least do something in the entertainment business to be in the lineup? At least the reality "stars" had/have their own show.I'm perplexed by the choice. She better be interesting, she looked beyond terrified in the interview yesterday.
The Men:
  1. David Hasselhoff. I mean it's the 'Hoff. 'Nuff said.
  2. Kurt Warner, token sports guy. I don't know enough about sports to comment on him.
  3. Kyle Massey. Disney Channel actor/rapper. Oh right, Disney owns ABC. I actually know this kid, I thought the show "That's So Raven" was kinda cute.
  4. Rick Fox. Hunky, dreamy actor/another sports dude. Beyond handsome. Was married to Vanessa Williams, reportedly cheated on her. Okay, so that takes him down a notch on the hunk-o-meter.
  5. Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino, of "Jersey Shore" fame. Single-handedly responsible for runing the word "situation" for people everywhere. And don't get me started on how mindless the show is. Having him on the cast means that we'll see abs galore this season, on the account of him pimping out his fitness DVD.
  6. Michael Bolton. Yep, that's right. Michael. Bolton. "When a Maaaaaaan Loves a Woman" Michael Bolton. I wonder how many people back in the '90s had sex to one of his songs? I wonder if he's still dating Nicolette Sheridan, a.k.a Edit Britt from "Desperate Housewives"? Maybe he's making a desperate attempt of his own to be relevant again.
So there you have it, folks. Your "dancers". I've use so many quotation marks in this post, but one needs to be accurate when "reporting", lol. Season 11 is going to be EPIC! I'm so excited that none of them are obvious dancers, like the Pussycat Doll last season or ice skaters or gymnasts. They're just regular non-dancers, though I wonder if Jennifer Grey is going to have an advantage despite being 50. I'm actually pretty excited for DWTS to get back to basics!

I miss you, Tom Bergeron! You are the best host on TV right now and I'd watch you anyday over Seacrest.

No comments: