I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Monday, March 20, 2006

Assalamu'alaikum....

So it's been a week since the unfortunate Group Incident. Yet I'm still getting questions from classmates other curious people. Comments and questions ranged from "So what happened there?" to "I knew something was gonna happen". I tried keeping my answers as vague as possible 'cause I don't want to explicitly embarrass anybody, but I guess the incident was public enough that people came to their own (correct) conclusions. Oh well, whatever, man. I'm just glad that things didn't drag on until the end of the semester.

Speaking of dragging on, I'm still unsuccessful in the whole internship department. I got a nice lil' rejection letter from Xerox (I'm guessing because I don't have a lot of design experience, and it was a User-Centered Design internship). I'm dissapointed, of course, but there's nothing much that I can do about it aside from wait for other opportunities to open up.

Linda and I are actively searching for an apartment for next year. It's kinda hard because 4 of us have cars (!), so we need four parking spots. On Central Campus, parking is a rare commodity. What I am happy about right now is the fact that whatever apartment we get, the overall cost is definitely going to be cheaper than living in University housing, even if they do ask me to pay the lease contract fee. I'm excited to try and live off-campus for the summer and next year. Granted, I haven't had to live with anyone since my sophomore year, but hopefully everything goes well and all of us can just get along.

The apartment hunt is going fast, but not a lot of stuff fits our requirement. So in a way, I haven't found anywhere to live yet for the summer. I'm actually thinking about going back home for then whole 3 months... until I remembered that I would be bored senseless 'cause all my friends would be working. Dammit.

Okay, my lunch is ready. Gotta eat and get back to work. Ciao!

Wassalam...

No comments: