I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

THE REJECTED H1B EXPERIENCE

So I was supposed to start working in Redmond, WA this coming week (August 20th, to be exact). Unfortunately, my H1B visa didn't come through due to the immigration cap, so I am, essentially, screwed. Or am I...? Apparently I'll be going to Vancouver for 6 months, beginning in May, and I'll be there for quite a while. In fact, I might have to go there even earlier than May, but that is all up in the air still. Yes, people, Vancouver. As in Canada. As in Vancouver, Canada, which is 3 hours outside of Seattle. Seattle, which is the place I actually want to be, no offense to Canada or Canadians.

I am still deciding what date I want to go back to Malaysia to celebrate puasa and raya. Hopefully with the new work developments and visa stuff, I am still able to do that. Or else it would really, really suck. I haven't been able to celebrate Eid at home for the last 6 years. Yes people, six. And living in the US isn't all roses, there were times when I just wanna whack my head against the wall, it's so complicated when you're not a PR or a citizen.

I am currently living in Mas' apartment, sleeping on her couch while her cat drives me nuts everyday with the meow-ing and the I-want-food thing. Oh, and the catlikes to sleep on my stuff: laptop, telekung, luggage, towel... you name it, she's had her paws on it. Ah well.

I really, really hope things would come together soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, Nizam, your very own Umich senior lives in Seattle, and works in MSFT. But I bet you already know that.